store crush: purl soho

Saturday, March 24, 2012

On my window shopping trip to SoHo last weekend, a friend reminded me about the Purl SOHO store at 459 Broome Street.
I was already familiar with them from their blog, the Purl bee. Finally a chance to go there!
I used to be a sweater designer & knitter, but I got burned out on it after doing it too long. For the first time in a long while I was tempted to knit something...
They are not just a knitting store. They also have a nice selection of modern craft supplies like the good kind of felt: wool.
And the best quilting cottons from the Denyse Shmidt, Kokka, Moda, and the like.

Embroidery hoops: what a cute way to show off their fabric selection in the entryway.
Oh, and there are the Liberty prints too. I just drooled over the selection. Liberty cottons are not cheap, though- something like $37/yard. But at least they are 54" wide, not 44" like most. We know we're not here for bargains, anyway. Just the best.
Purl is fully stocked in all things embroidery too, from floss to needlepoint wool, to books galore. Books on everything and only the best, most enticingly designed ones.
Definitely worth the detour!

2 comments:

ThatGirl said...

Next time you are at Clover Market, you will have to sneak over to Stash and check out their beautiful yarns. It's not Soho, but for Ardmore, it's pretty awesome. :) http://stashknits.com/index.html

Becky said...

Thanks for the tip! You know I will!

Post a Comment