1 year etsyversary!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Today marks the day one year ago that I got my Etsy shop up and running.  I just took a look back at the screen shot I took that day and had a little chuckle. I knew at the time that it wasn't perfect, but you have to start somewhere. I read some advice once that you shouldn't open a half-assed Etsy store "just because you can", yet you shouldn't wait until everything feels "perfect" either because then you'll never get there.
Here's what the shop looks like today. Over the course of the year Etsy made a few changes to the width of the page & the shop announcement section which I think are an improvement. I've been changing out the banner seasonally and I have more variety of products now. I still see plenty of room for improvement in my photos & thier overall consistency. I'm not sure they look like they're all from the same shop, and I'd like the color to flow more smoothly also. Still far from "perfect", but I think it's better, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment