lavender lemonade (small batch) recipe

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ever since the PA Lavender Festival, I've had lavender lemonade in the back of my mind. Today I noticed we had a few lemons lying around, so why not try making some? My boy loves to use the manual juicer, so I let him go to town.
Here is my small batch recipe- which makes only 2 or 3 glasses- adapted from the larger batch recipes out there:
1 cup hot water
2 TBS culinary lavender
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 3 or 4 lemons)
1 cup cold water
ice (duh)
I bought a few bags of culinary lavender on our trip to Willow Pond Farm.
The first step is to steep the lavender in the hot water until it cools. Strain out the buds, then dissolve the sugar in the lavender water. Mix in the lemon juice and cold water and serve over lots of ice.
This drink may be my new favorite, putting the Arnold Palmer in the #2 slot. Oh, it is so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.

Becky said...

Let me know how you like it once you make it. See you at the clover market soon...

Post a Comment